My "Cloud Ring #10" in the exhibition Putting The Band Back Together at SNAG 2008 in Savannah, Georgia

I'm delighted that I have my Cloud Ring #10 (from the Cloud Series) in "The Ring Show: Putting the Band Back Together" at the Savannah College of Art and Design February 18 - March 9, 2008.

It is described as, "A juried ring exhibition showcasing artists whose work demonstrates a fresh attitude in ring making, exciting promise, innovation and new energy to the field. Works that address contemporary issues through exploration and re-interpretation of format, content, material and process with a reverence to the rich history of the ring itself. 'Putting The Band Back Together' coincides with the curated exhibition 'The Ring Show: Then and Now'. This exhibition highlights a selected number of rings from the original 1977, 1978 and 1979 'National Ring Shows'. Artists in this exhibition have been invited to make a new ring to be shown in conjunction with their original ring."
The two exhibitions will be on view at the 2008 Society of North American Goldsmith's conference in Savannah, GA, March 5-8th. Fahm Hall, SCAD.

And I'm one of the 76 international artists included! I must say, this show sounds really quite phenomenal and I thrilled to be included. I'm hoping to see some photos of the shows posted online.

And as you can see there is no picture of Cloud Ring #10 (a ring set of 10 bands and white moonstone)- it was finished during a week full of deep snow and dark nights that were not conducive to photoshoots. So I'm hoping that there will also be some photos with my ring set included.

Comments

Popular Posts