This is where I had planned to be today

Photo by Carol Browne as seen on nowpublic.com

Today was going to be an errand day, returning cds & books to the library, mailing things, picking up polishing wheels, supplies, paying for a table at a fair, etc.

A couple minutes before I was about to head out the door I heard about an explosion in downtown Vancouver's core right were I was going to be. Thankfully no one is reported hurt. A bit of smoke, but also a power outage effecting 4,500 businesses. Awful!

So... errands tommorrow? Though I have to admit a small part of me wishes I were posting my own photos of billowing smoke and police. Just my sense of drama.

Article on www.canada.com -> "Vancouver in gridlock after city-wide power failure, Thousands in financial district left without power"

Comments

Lumen.Second said…
I'm in the Sun tower right now, and luckily we're just outside of the area of the outage.
I actually didn't even hear about the explosion until today, just wondered why our internet connection was down for a couple of hours yesterday.
I was actually surprised to see that a lot the area down here is still out today as well though.

Popular Posts